Monday, January 19, 2009

The Second Coming

This is the picture (or one of them) that I tried to put in yesterday's blog. This was the view outside my kitchen door all yesterday, when it snowed about approximately 26 hours. I did not leave the house all day. I must admit I am a bit puzzled, as the template used for photo posting suggested the text would be on the right of the picture.
Okay, I guess the answer to that is to move the cursor down and then type. The next issue will be whether I can access this in Word to edit the text, or whether the Word entry will have to come underneath it. The solution, if this works, was to use the Blog This! button in Picasa; that turned out to be a bit confusing, as it looked as if I had to create a new blog, which I did not want to do (defining blog here as the site, not the page or entry), but once I got through the sign-in process the Blogger program knew about and identified my blog site. Now let's see if this worked.
As one might have suspected, the answer is both "Yes" and "
No" -- the picture is there, but Word does not see it! Hey; I am three hours late for supper and I want to watch "24" so that I won't lose track of the story, so I am leaving this for another day (or hour).
And the hour has come later, with a couple edits and a complaint, as I seem to have lost one hour and maybe two out of the story already! Moreover, as a result of spending too much time on this, I am losing out on the work I should be doing, so I'll be off to do that now and save more for another post.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment